News BulletsBy Caillan
July 20, 2003 - 10:17 PM
- TrekWeb's Bill Williams has posted his review of the first Lost Era novel, The Sundered. Awarding the book a score of four stars, he said the novel "begins the series in rousing fashion". Read the full article here.
- Over at Wigglefish, Kilian Melloy has uploaded his review of Do Comets Dream?. Here's an excerpt from his analysis:
The plot is not a bad one; it's a Trek staple, to be sure, but it's been given enough of a spin that it is hard to recollect anything else quite like it in the vast Trek canon. The characters are well deployed, for the most part, including a rather nice role for the part-Romulan medical technician Simon Tarses (from the The Next Generation episode The Drumhead).
The novel was given a score of three stars in the complete analysis. Thanks to dieter for this!
- With Enterprise on hiatus over the summer, Television Without Pity's 'Keckler' has uploaded her review of the original series's "Arena", which she awarded a B minus grade.
- A transcript and screen captures of Kate Mulgrew's (Kathryn Janeway) appearance on Broadway's Best can be found at Totally Kate!
- The Fairbanks Star Trek fan club recently took part in the town's annual AT&T Alascom Golden Days Parade, accompanied by fans dressed as Klingons who had made the journey from Alaska for the parade. Read more at the Fairbanks News-Miner.
- Voyager writer Bryan Fuller's new series, Wonderfalls, was featured as part of Fox's presentation at the recent Television Critics Association press tour. Details on the panel are available at Mediaweek.
- The latest Starfleet Corps of Engineers eBook, Aftermath, can be purchased in Microsoft Reader format from Amazon.com. Thanks to Psi Phi for this!