Site ColumnsBy Lisa
July 20, 2001 - 1:23 PM
I wasn't slacking yesterday. Due to some odd D.I.Y. experiment, the electricity in my house was off for most of the day. Finding something to do when there is no electricity is a harder task than it seems.
When the electricity came back on, I decided to indulge my fan fiction tastes a little, and went in search of some great reading material. I indulged the side of me that thinks Captain Janeway and Tom Paris make a great match over at the Emu's site. I placated my Janeway/Chakotay leanings over at Shayenne's site.
And then, I decided to indulge my tastes for my very favourite Voyager characters. You must remember the season five Voyager episode, 'Counterpoint.' Its my all time favourite Voyager episode, and much to my delight, other people think it was rather fantastic too. There's a whole archive of fan fiction dedicated to Captain Janeway and the dashing Devore Inspector Kashyk, which you can find here.
Besides, JetK is topical at the moment. Mark Harelik who played the devillish Devore has a part in Jurassic Park III. I wonder how long it will take for someone to come up with a story that has Inspector Kashyk being eaten by a dinosaur?
After the whole JetK goat debacle (don't ask) I just know someone is going to do it... ;)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Do Captains get time off?
-Have there been any Indo-Asians in Trek?
-Take part in the Ultimate Kes Deabte.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Tuesday the 20th of July, 1999:
- The Franchise's Future
We published the fourth installment in our 'The Franchise's Future' article series, written by Julia Houston. "Let us all stare into the unknowable future without putting on our blinders or lamenting things before they've actually left us. Let's anticipate new surprises as possible sources of future joys and be happy in the knowledge that Star Trek currently makes a honkin' mountain of cool cash. And let's remember that our personal views of Star Trek cannot be taken from us, nor, thanks to syndication, can they ever be made to disappear...even if that Paris/Neelix love child turns out to be none other than Wesley Crusher!"
Viacom chairman Summer Redstone correctly predicted a turnaround for UPN the next season, mostly because of WWF Smackdown! Meanwhile, UPN president Dean Valentine got into an argument with reporters who criticised the network for airing wrestling, saying that there was a "disconnect between you guys and the people who watch" wrestling.
For more headlines from that day, please check out our July 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'The Naked Time' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Galileo Seven' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'The Masterpiece Society' at 12:00pm, 'Galileo Seven' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Improbable Cause' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Night' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Brothers' at 17:00 and at midnight CET. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Kraft der Träume' (Shades of Grey) at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL 5 will be showing DS9's 'The Valiant' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'The Hunted' at 7:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the original series episode 'The Squire of Gathos' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation's 'Conundrum' at 11: a.m. Deep Space Nine's 'Improbable Cause' will be shown at 12:00 p.m, followed by Voyager's 'Night' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Deep Space Nine's 'One Little Ship' at 15:00 GMT, followed by Voyager's 'Eminations' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!