News BulletsBy Michelle
June 20, 2005 - 4:46 PM
- Writer Michael Piller and actress Nana Visitor (Kira)'s Wildfire debuts tonight on ABC Family at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
- New video clips of CBS's Threshold, produced by Brannon Braga and starring Brent Spiner (Data), are now available.
- The third season of Wonder Woman was recently released on DVD in Region 1. The episode "Spaced Out", first broadcast in January 1979, takes place in part at a science fiction convention and Rene Auberjonois (Odo) guest stars. Trek alumni appearing in other episodes in the set include Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat), Ed Begley Jr. (Henry Starling, VOY: "Futures End"), Lance LeGault (Capt. K'Temoc, TNG: "The Emissary"), Marc Lawrence (Carl Zeemo, DS9: "Badda-Bing Badda Bang"), Tim O'Connor (Briam, TNG: "Perfect Mate") and Ike Eisenmann (Peter Preston, STII:TWOK). Thanks to Alex.
- Sid City has photos of Alexander Siddig (Bashir) at Collectormania and the London Kingdom of Heaven premiere in May as well as with Kim Cattrall (Valeris) at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in the "Whose Life Is It Anyway?" section.
- Reuters has a report on William Shatner (Kirk)'s appearance at the American Film Institute lifetime achievement award tribute to Star Wars' George Lucas.
- Totally Kate! has information on Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) at London Film and Comic Con, on KPIX Sunday Morning News, in San Francisco Weekly, on KCBS radio and more.
- Designer and illustrator Andrew Probert talked to Trekplace about his contributions to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Soul of Star Trek has an editorial on Gene Roddenberry and H.G. Wells:
In creating plausible futures, Wells, like Star Trek, anticipated actual inventions and happenings. HG's most spectacular hit was imagining (and naming) the atomic bomb, decades in advance.
- The Digital Bits has posted tentative Region 1 street dates for all of Paramount's planned Star Trek DVD releases for the rest of 2005, including all three remaining seasons of Enterprise, the 2-disc Nemesis Collector's Edition and a planned Star Trek: The Animated Series release.
- The new fan series Star Trek: Unity is searching for hl2 mappers for set design. Anyone interested can join the project by registering in the forum.
- Sci-Fi Talk offers a Star Trek: Enterprise season one DVD podcast and several DVD commentaries.
- TrekWeb has posted a 4/5 star review of Tales from the Captain's Table.
- Doctor Who has for the first time beaten Star Trek as favourite cult TV show, reports The Register.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.