News BulletsBy Lisa
June 21, 2002 - 1:59 AM
- The crew of the space shuttle 'Endeavour' were given their wake-up call to 'Faith of the Heart' - the Enterprise theme song on Sunday. To read a full report follow this link to StarTrek.com.
- James Darren (Vic Fontaine) posted a message at his official web site providing information on the reason behind the cancellation of a convention appearance by the star.
- A short interview with Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) in which she discusses her departure from Becker, is now online.
"I've been trying to adjust to the shock of it, quite honestly. It's hard not to take it a little personally, for someone to say, 'You did a great job, but we don't need you anymore.' Especially with the last three stories (when Reggie's feelings for Becker intensified), you could only think, 'This has to be a really bad joke. After 94 episodes, I don't understand.'"
The full interview can be found here at Zap2It.
- Scientists made the first steps towards developing transporter technology this week, when they succeeded in transporting a laser beam from one spot to another in a split second. The team of Australian scientists admitted that there was a close resemblance between their success and Star Trek's famous transporters, but warned there was still a long way to go before we're beaming up. More information can be found by following this link to CNN. Thanks go out to Nicolás, Richard Weiser and Jose Gonzalez for this!
- The debut of Michael Piller's new genre series The Dead Zone provided a massive ratings winner for the USA Network. The show grabbed the highest-rated original dramatic series debut and ranked as the top basic-cable original dramatic series of all time. More on this story can be found here at the Sci Fi Wire. Thanks go out to Colonel Worf for this news!
- Comments from Piller himself on the series' success can be found at this page at StarTrek.com.
- The Sci Fi Wire also reported that production has begun on 'X2' - the sequel to 'X-Men.' The movie stars Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard) as Charles Xavier.
- There's a chance form one lucky fan to bid on the original captain's chair this Summer - Captain Kirk's command chair is up for auction on eBay here.