Site ColumnsBy Amy
April 20, 2001 - 4:29 PM
I always find it vastly amusing (or, often actually unamusing) at just how blank my mind goes when I sit down to rite one of these columns. No doubt this is the reason for my often-stunning monologue. Today, I have these words of wisdom to offer.
My feet are freezing. This is despite the woollen explorer socks I’m wearing – and the high 20’s temperature we had during the day. The old mercury seems to have taken a rather astounding drop since night started falling and it’s gone from being pleasantly warm to downright chilly – to my way of thinking, at any rate. Mind you, anyone who knows me in real life would feel bound to point out at this stage that I have a very unusual temperature preference. Basically I like it hot and humid. On a day where my fellow citizens are wandering around in shorts and a tank-top, here’s poor ‘ol me in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. I don’t know why this is so, but it is.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Tuesday, April 20th, these were some of the Trek Today headlines:
- 'Night Tremors' Title Changes: Psi Phi reported that the seventh DS9 final chapter episode, 'Night Tremors' had been retitled to become the episode we know today as 'Extreme Measures'.
- Official 'Juggernaut' Synopsis: The Star Trek Universe posted a one-line official synopsis of the Voyager episode 'Juggernaut', which had a special - and, if i recall correctly, poorly promoted special Monday night showing.
Voyager rescues two crew members of an abandoned, out-of-control Malon freighter that is about to unleash radiation into the sector.
- Picardo Goes To Mars - '11:59' Spoilers: The Daily Buzz reported that Robert Picardo (the Holodoc), a member of the Planetary Society, would promote the 'Mars Milennium Project' in a public service announcement airing on Wednesday, May 5, the date Voyager's '11:59' will air.
Today is the 64th birthday of George Takei who, of course, played Hikaru Sulu on the Original Series.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing part two of original series episode, 'The Menagerie.'
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show TNG's 'Datalore' at 17:00 (repeat at 01:01). Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Der gute Hirte' (Good Shepard) at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, YOR will show DS9's 'Honor Among Thieves' at 17:15, followed by part one of Voyager's 'Basics' at 18:40 on NET5. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV station TV1 will show DS9's 'In the Hands of the Prophets' at 7:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Counterpoint' at 06:00 (repeat at 16:00), DS9's 'In Purgatory's Shadow' at 14:00, 'By Inferno's Light' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Latent Image' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing original series episode 'Elaan of Troyius' at 14:00 (repeat at 01:20) and Voyager's 'Das ungewisse Dunkel - Teil 1' (Dark Frontier) at 15:00.
- In Australia, pay TV channel TV1 will screen the original series episode 'Amok Time' at 8pm and DS9's 'In the Hands of the Prophets' at 10pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule