Gaming BulletsBy Amy
April 20, 2001 - 3:05 PM
- IGN PC has posted a preview of the upcoming 'Elite Force' expansion pack. So far they seem pretty taken with the improvements, particularly the 'Virtual Voyager' ship tour mode and the new character classes. Downsides however, seem to include the single player Assimilation Mode, due to problems with the bots.
- 3D Gamezone has posted eight new screenshots from the upcoming expansion pack, while Nipo Games has fourteen more. Gamespot, on the other hand, has a total of twelve new shots.
- Meanwhile, Raven's James Monroe has updated his .plan file with a status report on the next patch for 'Elite Force'.
- Interplay has also released a new patch, this time for Starfleet Command II: Empires at War. Coming in at just under 15MB, it updates the two previous US versions of Taldren's space strategy game to version 2005.5 but is only an intermediary step towards the next multiplayer patch.
- The official 'Bridge Commander' site has posted a new screenshot of the week.
- The Adrenaline Vault has posted a review of the last Star Trek game release, 'Away Team'. Reviewer Nick Stewart rated the game an average 3 our of 5 stars, commenting that "perhaps the greatest crime perpetrated by Star Trek: Away Team is its self-billing as a "squad-based strategy" title which in reality is little more than a series of timing puzzles decked out in the titular franchise's sets and uniforms."
- Decipher, makers of the Star Trek customisable card game, have released an online version of the 'Trouble With Tribbles' expansion set.
- Meanwhile, they've released a stack of information on the new Voyager expansion set, including an explanatory article about the starter decks. Also, details of some fifteen cards in the deck have been released, including Captains Janeway and Ransom, the USS Equinox, the Phage and the Temporal Micro Wormhole.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.