News BulletsBy Christian
April 20, 2000 - 10:16 PM
- Jam! Showbiz is reporting that Michael Reaves, who co-wrote the TNG episode 'Where No One Has Gone Before' together with Diane Duane, will be writing a prequel novel for LucasBooks and Del Rey Books that will reveal secrets and details about the life of Darth Maul, the evil force in 'Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace'. Thanks go out to Jose Gonzalez for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has made an update to the Voyager Syndication Schedule, now offering listings through mid-May.
- At the 'Countdown to X-Men' site, they've posted 20th Century Fox's official film poster for the upcoming 'X-Men' movie, prominently featuring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), who stars in the film as Professor X.
- According to a press release from Paramount Home Entertainment, Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will be appearing at the the Virgin Megastore on Sunset and Crescent Heights to meet fans and sign copies of the 'Star Trek: The Original Series' and 'Star Trek III: The Search for Spock' DVDs, as well as his new 'Spock vs. Q' audio project. The Megastore is located at 8000 Sunset Blvd, at the corner of Crescent Heights and Sunset Boulevard.
- And InsideDVD sends along word they'll be running a live web cast of the event. You can submit questions to be asked to Nimoy at their site.
- The official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage just posted a picture of Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), as she appeared in the May 2000 issue of Glamour magazine. You can see the pic by going to the JLR's news page and scrolling down one page. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- According to a message posted by editor John Ordover to the Star Trek Books board, the Captain Sulu novel challenge has been slightly extended past the 1st of May - all letters postmarked by May 1 will now be counted. In related news, six more letters were received by Pocket Books today, bringing the total of letters in support of a Captain Sulu novel up to 327.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.