Site ColumnsBy Caillan
March 20, 2002 - 12:46 PM
I have discovered that too much coffee can be a bad thing. After plying myself with the stuff all day to stay awake, I'm now left with a really bad aftertaste and a head that feels like it's about to explode. Or jump to warp.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Read an advance review of 'Rogue Planet.'
- Which style phaser do you prefer?
- Would you like to see a Trek series with a predominately female crew?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on March 20, 2000:
- Voyager Wins Two Hair Styling Awards
Voyager picked up two gongs at the First Annual Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Awards. Staffers Josee Normand, Charlotte Parker and Gloria Montemeyor won the 'Best Character Hair Styling' award for 'Bride of Chaotica' and the 'Best Innovative Hair Styling award' for 'Dragon's Teeth.'
- Chris-Craft Sells 50% UPN Stake To Viacom
Viacom became the sole owner of Voyager network UPN when original partner Chris-Craft Industries sold its 50% holding. Two years on, areas of UPN have been merged with fellow Viacom network CBS in an attempt to return the netlet to profitability.
More news can be found in the archives.
Yesterday was the 33rd birthday of Connor Trinneer, who plays Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker on Enterprise.
John de Lancie, who appeared as the omnipotent Q on The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager, turns 54 today.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Rogue Planet'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
While exploring an uncharted planet, Enterprise crew members encounter a group of aliens who are hunting down indigenous creatures for recreation. During their exploration, Archer is mesmerized by visions of a woman desperately attempting to communicate with him. The woman's ethereal distress signal informs Archer that she and others like her are actually the prey of the alien hunters. Heeding her call, Archer levels the playing field against the alien hunters.
More information about the episode can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'A Matter of Time' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Face of the Enemy' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episodes 'Tomorrow Is Yesterday' at 6:00 p.m Eastern time, with 'The Apple' at 7:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Obsession' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern time, with TNG's 'Cause and Effect' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Destiny' at 4:00 p.m, and Voyager's 'Day of Honour' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Hope and Fear' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, Imparia will show the Next Generation episode 'In Theory' at 1:00. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'New Ground' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Tapestry' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Court Martial' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Gamesters of Triskelion' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Wolf in the Fold' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'The First Duty' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Prophet Motive' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Nemesis' at 5:00pm and 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Night' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Deadly Years' at 00:15, 'Obsession' at 01:05 and 'Wolf in the Fold' at 23:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!