Site ColumnsBy Caillan
January 20, 2002 - 3:41 PM
Item I Don't Really Need But Really Want Of The Day: A LEGO Darth Vader.
That is just too cool.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Read William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) latest post at the Trek BBS!
- Is 'Insurrection' a bad movie?
- At what age did you realise your love for Star Trek?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news headlines on January 20, 2000:
- Ron Moore Interview, Part Two
Anna L. Kaplan posted part two of her exclusive interview with writer-producer Ronald D. Moore in which he talked about his departure from the Voyager writing staff. Here's an extract:
What I found on VOYAGER was suddenly it wasn't about the work anymore. It wasn't about making the best show that we possibly could; it was about all these other extraneous issues. It was about the politics of the show, and the strange sort of competition of egos within the writing staff and the producing staff and the management of the show.
- 'Fair Haven' Ratings Disappointing
The ratings for 'Fair Haven,' the first Voyager episode of 2002, were less than stellar. The episode earned a 3.4 rating / 5 share, down from the previous first-run episode, 'Pathfinder.'
- 'Virtuoso' Promo Online
UPN released its trailer for 'Virtuoso,' which didn't show a single frame of footage from the episode, but instead promoted the episodes which would air in the weeks after it.
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks whether you would like to see an Enterprise feature film.
Today would have been the 82nd birthday of DeForest Kelley (Leonard 'Bones' McCoy) had he not sadly passed away in 1999.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing will show the Enterprise episode 'Silent Enemy' at 8:00 p.m eastern time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Second Skin' at 14:00 GMT, 'The Abandoned' at 15:00 and 'Civil Defence' at 16:00. Enterprise's 'Fight or Flight' will be shown at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Justice' at 9:00am Eastern Time, 'Heart of Glory' at 10:00am, 'The Measure of a Man' at 11:00am, 'The Dauphin' at 12:00pm, 'The Emissary' at 1:00pm, 'Suddenly Human' at 2:00pm, 'First Contact' at 3:00pm, 'Half a Life' at 4:00pm, 'Darmok' at 5:00pm, 'The Outcast' at 6:00pm, 'Hollow Pursuits' at 8:00pm and 'In Theory' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Turnabout Intruder' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Family' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Duet' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Prototype' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Resolutions' at 17:00 GMT and Enterprise's 'Strange New World' at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero, Part I' at 20:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!