Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 19, 2002 - 1:04 PM
Finally had the chance to get some work done on my essay this morning. I woke up at 6am, poured myself a coffee and started pounding away at the keyboard. I got more done in the next six hours than I have in the past four weeks, never mind the fact that the essay's twice as long as it's supposed to be - at least there's something there now. I invariably that find once I get going the essay carries me in a different direction outlined in my notes and so there were open books piled high on my desk and on the floor around my chair, which wasn't the best arrangement since I ended up running over two or three when I searched around for the one I wanted.
One of the reasons I got up so early is the fact that it's getting too hot in the middle of the day to think properly. That's why I stopped work at midday, watched some Earth: Final Conflit and then had a siesta. And, no, the siesta was not during E:FC.;)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Is it Starfleet or Star Fleet?
- What are the best episodes from each Trek show's first season?
- Did your preconceptions about 'A Night In Sickbay' spoil the episode?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on October 19, 2000:
- Brannon Braga Question & Answer Session Results
In a question and answer session at his official web site, Brannon Braga finally revealed what happened to the Borg baby from 'Collective.'
The Borg baby was prepared in a delicious orange glaze sauce by Neelix. Just kidding. The baby was returned to its people, which you did not see depicted in an episode. We considered showing it onscreen, but decided it would be best to focus on the remaining Borg kids. They have given us some great story material so far.
- StarTrek.com Production Updates
The official site posted the guest cast list for the upcoming 'Shattered,' which included the return of Martha Hackett as Seska.
- Roxann Dawson Interview
Voyager actress Roxann Dawson talked about some of her hopes for B'Elanna in season seven. "I think there are many things I would love to see her deal with," she said. "I would like to see the relationship with Paris finally be addressed, which we will be doing. I am hearing rumors of some confrontations regarding the relationship in dealing with her past over our last year."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Changeling' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'First Contact' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'Armageddon Game' at 12:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Future's End (Part 2)' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Unity' at 15:00 GMT, with 'Darkling' at 16:00 and TNG's 'Brothers' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Host' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, 'Silicon Avatar' at 3:00pm, 'The Masterpiece Society' at 4:00pm, 'The Perfect Mate' at 5:00pm, 'Man of the People' at 6:00pm, 'Schisms' at 7:00pm, and 'Lessons' at 8:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Enterprise's 'A Night In Sickbay' at 8:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Rise' at 14:00 GMT, 'Favourite Son' at 15:00, 'Before and After' at 16:00, and Channel 4 will be showing Enterprise's 'Rogue Planet' at 18:35. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Das Interface' ('Interface') at 16:00 and Voyager's 'Asche zu Asche' ('Ashes to Ashes') at 17:00.