News BulletsBy Caillan
September 19, 2003 - 10:37 PM
- Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) will be chatting with fans about "Extinction" at StarTrek.com on September 22.
- Bill Williams at TrekWeb has given the latest Lost Era novel, Serpents Among The Ruins, a perfect five stars, calling it "one of the best Star Trek books of the year."
- The Psi Phi Star Trek Book Database has been updated with excerpts from the New Frontier tales Gods Above and "Alice, on the Edge of Night".
- Empire Online has posted a video interview with Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker) in which he reveals he will be making a small cameo in the upcoming Thunderbirds film he directed. Thanks to Jeremy Gibbons for this!
- FilmView.tk is currently running a poll asking which movie franchise is the strongest in pop culture today. Star Trek is currently trailing behind The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Harry Potter and James Bond. Thanks to Matt for this!
- The back cover art and insert images from the Star Trek V: The Final Frontier CE DVD are now up at DVD Answers.
- A Finnish inventor and an American graduate student have both developed technologies that could pave the way for "walk-through computer displays", like Star Trek's holodecks. Find out more at CNN. Thanks to Andy for this!
- Salon.com has posted an article looking at Enterprise's third season. "UPN's Enterprise, back for its third season, has saved the Trek franchise with messy, moving and ambiguous story lines torn from the 21st century," the site said.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.