News BulletsBy Michelle
June 19, 2003 - 1:16 AM
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) appeared on the BBC London news on Monday to promote his West End play the Master Builder (story). The actor said he welcomed Trek fans coming to see him: "I don't care why they come. I don't care that they come to see Jean-Luc Picard, or Charles Xavier. I just care that they come. And once they're here, and the bums are on the seats, then Henrik Ibsen and Anthony Page and the rest of us, we'll do all the rest."
- Joseph DiLella, author of the "Do you have what it takes for Star Trek?" article series, will be holding the Writing and Pitching for Star Trek panel again at this year's San Diego International Comic-Con, which runs from July 17-20.
- Actor William Marshall, who played Dr. Richard Daystrom in the original series episode "The Ultimate Computer", has died at age 78. More information may be found at CNN.
- Brock Peters (Joseph Sisko) gave a eulogy at a memorial service for Gregory Peck, according to Jam!. Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn) was also in attendance.
- GateWorld reports that Star Trek: Insurrection actor Michael Welch will appear in the Stargate: SG-1 episode "Fragile Balance" this Friday, June 20, playing a teenage version of Colonel Jack O'Neill.
- WireImage has a collection of photos of Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) at Showtime's Dessert Party on June 14th.
- TrekPulse has uploaded a final batch of Star Trek: Nemesis DVD caps, 107 images that can be found here.
- Monkee has posted her reviews of Enterprise episodes "The Crossing" and "The Breach".
- An excerpt from the new David R. George III novel, Star Trek: The Lost Era: Serpents Among the Ruins, can be found at the Star Trek Fan Association.
- Gisele La Roche's Enterprise season two review can be found at Starfleetcom.net.
- The Star Trek: S.C.E. paperback No Surrender has been reviewed by Kilian Melloy at Wigglefish.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.