Site ColumnsBy Christian
April 19, 2001 - 2:23 PM
While a month ago I was still happy to have daily DS9 reruns, as they really helped me rediscover my love for Deep Space Nine again, now that they're beginning to air episodes that have never aired before here in the Netherlands I'm beginning to notice a big problem - the series is just being shown too often. When most of the episodes that aired were old ones, it wasn't a big problem to miss one or two, as I'd usually seen them anyway. Now, however, every episode I miss is a completely new one - and I just am not able to see every single episode that airs in a week. I really hope the station here will do a second run of the series - hopefully that way I'll then finally be able to really see all the DS9 episodes.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-From someone working at the actual thing: What would you like to see at the 'Star Trek Experience'?
-Why didn't we see the Defiant in establishing shots of DS9 very often?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Monday the 19th of March, 1999:
- Official 'Someone To Watch...' Info - Paramount released the official summary for this Doctor/Seven episode, scheduled to air a short while later: "While tutoring Seven in social graces, The Doctor finds himself falling for her; and Neelix commits a serious diplomatic error while working out a trade agreement with a cloistered alien race. Scott Thompson guest stars."
- More on Brooks/Alaimo 'Fight' - The official Marc Alaimo fan club spoke to the Dukat actor about the accident that had occured on the DS9 set a day earlier. "Yes, Avery DID ACCIDENTALLY knock Marc in the nose while filming a fight scene!," Holly Kim Wilson let us know. "Marc said that Avery felt really bad about it! They did take Marc to the ER, but he's mostly fine. No 'nose cast' as Jeanne put it. And he's in no real pain."
- Shatner's 'Beautiful Dream' Over - It was reported that William Shatner (James T. Kirk) was selling his horse ranch, Belle Reve.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! In the new poll, you're of course asked what you thought of yesterday's new Voyager episode, 'Author, Author:',
We forgot to mention this in the original news item yesterday, but the interview with Star Trek X screenwriter John Logan that appeared in the Star Trek Communicator was written by Kevin Dilmore.
Today is the 61st birthday of George Takei, who appeared in the Original Series as Hikaru Sulu.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Menagerie, Part One' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Naked Time' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Symbiosis' at 12:00pm, 'The Naked Time' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Emissary, Part Two' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Prototype' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Big Goodbye' at 17:00 and at 23:30 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Yorin will be showing DS9's 'Statistical Probabilities' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Investigations' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'In The Hands Of The Prophets' at 11:00pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'The Menagerie, Part Two' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Enemy Within' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Skin of Evil' at 12:00pm, 'The Enemy Within' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Past Prologue' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Alliances' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Datalore' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Der gute Hirte' (Good Shepherd) at 20:15 CET.
- In the Netherlands, Yorin will be showing DS9's 'The Magnificent Ferengi' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Deadlock' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'In The Hands Of The Prophets' at 7:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule