Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 19, 2001 - 5:25 PM
Today I did a lot of rushing around and wound up getting very little accomplished. Other than to say I hate days like that, I canít really think of much to say, so youíre off the hook and can now proceed safely down to the bottom of the page without further disturbance and unclear rambling from yours truly. :)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Friday the 19th of March, 1999, these were some of the headlines at TrekToday:
- Bradley Thompson Chat Transcript Up: Trekweb posted a transcript of the previous day's chat with Bradley Thompson, writer and executive story editor on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Among points of interest, the news that 'Umbra' and 'Eclipse' would actually be called 'Till Death Do Us Part,' while 'Eclipse' will be called 'Strange Bedfellows.'
- New Trek Ratings Info Available:
The Star Trek Nielsen Ratings Infomation Database had two new ratings reports online, one for Voyager and for DS9. A re-run of Voyager's 'In the Flesh' took a dip from 'Extreme Risk's' numbers of last week, falling to a 3.8 rating, 6 share. 'Extreme Risk' had pulled a 4.1/7.
DS9's 'Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang', according to the report, was probably the most bittersweet moment this season, more bitter or sweet depending on your perspective. The episode fell to a 4.1 rating, ranking 19th and tying it with several episodes for lowest-rated ever DS9 episode honors. However, the same 4.1 rating secured DS9's second straight sweeps month as the syndicated drama king.
- Patrick Stewart To Present At Academy Awards: The official site, then the Continuum, had a short report up mentioning that Patrick Stewart will be a presenter at this weekend's Academy Awards ceremony.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'Plato's Stepchildren' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Omega Glory' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Masks' at 12:00pm, 'The Omega Glory' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Chrysalis' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Eye of the Needle' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'For The Cause' at 17:00 and at 23:30. At 20:00, they will be showing the new Voyager episode 'Critical Care'. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'The Begotten' at 17:10 CET, and Voyager's 'Cathexis' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be having a marathon screening of original series episodes, from 11am through to 6pm EST. For full listings, follow this link.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Eye of the Needle' at 4am, DS9's 'Chrysalis' at 5am, TOS's 'The Ultimate Computer' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'Eye of the Beholder' at 12pm, DS9's 'Treachery, Faith and the Great River' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Ex Post Facto' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'To the Death' at 17:00 (repeat at 00:10), while BBC2 will show Voyager's 'Tuvix' at 18:50 Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'For the Uniform' at 17:50 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'Faces' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing DS9's 'Statistical Probabilities' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule