News BulletsBy Caillan
February 19, 2003 - 10:05 AM
- 'Captain Mac' has posted his review of 'Cease Fire' over at Trek5.com, awarding the episode a score of 3 out of 5. "There isn't anything really bad or good about this episode. It just seems to go nowhere fast," he said.
- In her review of 'Cease Fire' at StarfleetCom.net, Gisele La Roche praised the episode's special effects and the performance of Jeffrey Combs (Shran), awarding it a B plus grade overall.
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will be chatting at StarTrek.com at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time on March 4. Yesterday's chat with Armin Shimerman (Quark) was rescheduled due to severe weather conditions.
- Former DS9 executive producer Ira Steven Behr talks tonight's episode of The Twilight Zone at Zap2it.
- Over at Wigglefish, Kilian Melloy has uploaded his review of the Original Series novel, 'Gemini.' Here's an excerpt from his analysis:
Darker in tone than many Trek novels, Gemini is none the less graced with spots of understated humor that help dispel the gathering gloom. Rapid fire action, well rendered characterizations, and a measure of adult (but not explicit) subject matter give this book an Original Series sheen while allowing it to sidestep campiness. Most enjoyable.
The book scored 3.5 out of 5 in the full review. Thanks to Dieter for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) is sponsoring Huddersfield Town football fans £10 to participate in the Terriers Trek to the Tykes, according to icHuddersfield.co.uk.
- Rick Norwood looks at upcoming genre television, including Enterprise, in his latest Babylon 5.1 column.