News BulletsBy Caillan
August 18, 2004 - 10:17 AM
- Sci-Fi Pulse has posted its report on the recent Star Trek convention in Las Vegas.
- Star Trek: Enterprise illustrator Doug Drexler will be chatting at SaveEnterprise.com on Monday, August 23.
- Klingon classes are being conducted as part of a Star Trek exhibition at the South Australia Museum in Adelaide, Australia. The full report can be found at the Adelaide Advertiser. Thanks to Mark T for this!
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan director Nicholas Meyer will be the keynote speaker and workshop leader at the Cuesta College Writers' Conference XX, September 10-11, in San Luis Obispo, California. For more information, head over to the college's web site.
- The Hollywood Reporter has reviewed the German Star Trek spoof, Dreamship Surprise. "The humor of Dreamship Surprise lies not in its dialogue, but in the characters, which are right on the money," the review said. "In retrospect, it seems only logical that the captain and crew of Dreamship Surprise should be gay -- after all, the only meaningful relationships the heroes of the original Star Trek series ever had were with each other."
- Paul Sorvino, who played Nikolai Rozhenko in TNG's "Homeward", will make a guest appearance as the President of the United States in the WB's new fall drama, Jack and Bobby, according to Zap2it.
- TrekPulse.com has been updated with screencaps from The Next Generation episodes "Where No One Has Gone Before" and "Lonely Among Us".
- A custom mission pack for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen can be downloaded at Star Trek Gaming Universe.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.