News BulletsBy Michelle
August 18, 2003 - 7:33 PM
- On September 10th, Scott Bakula will chat online live at StarTrek.com.
- Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest) appeared in suburban Chicago last month to talk about his Trek roles and his acting career. Thanks to Eric Basir for scanning this article on the event.
- The new issue of Cult Times (UK) has an interview with Penny Johnson Jerald, infamous now as 24's Sherry Palmer, speaking of her role as Kasidy Yates on Deep Space Nine and stating that she would like to do a reunion just to deliver Kasidy's and Ben Sisko's baby. Sci Fi Pulse has more excerpts, including a bawdy story from Johnson's first day on the set.
- J.G. Hertzler spoke with The Alien Online about the pleasures of playing and writing about Klingon hero Martok.
- Sid City is conducting a fundraiser in honor of Alexander Siddig's birthday to raise money for the Heifer Project. The site also has a new collection of images.
- Trek director David Carson's made-for-TV remake of Stephen King's Carrie arrived on VHS and DVD this week. Thanks Matt for the heads up.
- Star Trek special effects artist Wah Chang is profiled in an exhibit at the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum in San Francisco. Chang was responsible for the manufacture of the phasers and communicators used in the series, among other props displayed in the exhibit, which runs through December 28. Thanks to Steve Schenkofsky for the press release.
- The Rustix Theatre Company in Hollywood performs Romeo and Juliet: The Last Battlefield, a reimagining of Shakespeare's tragedy inspired by the original Star Trek episode "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield", on Wednesday nights at The Next Stage. Reservations can be made by calling 323-850-7827.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.