News BulletsBy Caillan
August 18, 2002 - 1:50 PM
- Jeri Ryan's (Seven of Nine) official site, Jeri Lynn Ryan Online, which shut down in January this year, has now reopened.
- Reviewer Jamahl Epsicokhan has relaunched Star Trek: Hypertext with an extensive redesign. The site now includes a book review section by guest writer Chris Cook and an article regarding reviews of TNG.
- Also new at Star Trek: Hypertext is a review of the 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' Director's Edition DVD. Jammer described 'Khan' as "the Trek film that best captures the spirit of the original cast and series, and a film that by its end even manages to say some things that are somewhat profound." The movie was awarded a score of 3.5 out of 4 in the complete analysis.
- According to the DVD Review, a new DVD about the making of DVDs will be released this fall. Entitled 'DVD Discoveries', the disc will include a segment on the creation of the 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' Director's Edition. Thanks to 'Captain Joe' for this!
- Jeff Kleist at The Digital Bits has reviewed the Special Edition DVD of 'Free Enterprise,' which stars William Shatner (James T. Kirk) as himself. Kleist awarded the disc a B plus.
- According to Amazon.co.uk, 'Star Trek: Nemesis' will premiere in Great Britain on January 3, 2003. Please note that this information has not yet been officially confirmed by Paramount Pictures. Thanks to Andrew Mackenzie for this!
- Hawai'i affiliate station K5 will cease to broadcast UPN from September 5, according to the Honolulu Advertiser. KHON-2 and KGMB-9, the local Fox and CBS affiliates, are expected to pick up key UPN programming, such as Enterprise and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Thanks to Jose Gonzalez for this!
- The StarFleet web site will soon be interviewing William Shatner (James T. Kirk) and invites readers to submit questions here.
- Trek Galaxy: Ohio Chapter and Starbase Columbus will be holding a special 'Trek Weekend' in October, featuring guest speaker Eugene Roddenberry Jr. Further information can be found at this page.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.