News BulletsBy Michelle
May 17, 2003 - 10:22 PM
- Actor Edward James Olmos, who will play Commander Adama in the Sci Fi Channel's revival of Battlestar Galactica, told Sci Fi Wire that he was impressed with former Trek writer Ronald D. Moore's work on the miniseries. "Ron Moore did an excellent job," Olmos said. "He's had, like, nine years of working on Star Trek...he applied all of his knowledge of all that he had done, and basically it became a very strong piece of work."
- MSNBC has an article on the worldwide appeal of Thunderbirds. The live-action film is being directed by Jonathan Frakes.
- Backstage.com offers an insider's view on the appeal of science fiction conventions for actors. Among those interviewed are Walter Koenig, Wil Wheaton and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Star Wars supporting players.
- Hallmark has posted photos of its Star Trek holiday ornaments for 2003. The figures are Captain Archer and T'Pol from Enterprise, while the ship is the Scorpion from Star Trek Nemesis. You can view them on the site by clicking on "Gifts & Collections" and following the link to the 2003 Dreambook. Thanks to Holly Kim Wilson for this!
- Gateworld reports that seventh season Stargate SG-1 episode "Fragile Balance" will feature actor Michael Welch as a young Jack O'Neill. Welch played the Baku boy Artim in Star Trek: Insurrection. Thanks to Frodine for the alert.
- The Psi Phi Star Trek Book Database has been updated with a description of Do Comets Dream, an upcoming Next Generation novel by S.P. Somtow, and an excerpt from The Farther Shore, the Voyager novel by Christie Golden.
- Numerous articles on the lunar eclipse visible over much of North America Thursday mentioned the group watching at the Gene Roddenberry Planetarium in El Paso, Texas and the Star Trek creator's role in generating interest in space.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.