News BulletsBy Michelle
August 17, 2006 - 7:47 PM
- To celebrate the upcoming 40th Anniversary of Star Trek on September 7th, Paramount Home Entertainment and the official UK website are hosting a Best Dressed Trekker competition beginning Monday, August 21st. Entrants must dress up in their best Star Trek outfit and upload the image of themselves to the site. First prize is an evening with Brent Spiner (Data) at a London restaurant.
- Meanwhile, William Shatner (Kirk) is hosting a contest to discover the next science fiction star. Contestants must create and upload a short video clip here
- British online magazine The First Post is having a contest to give away two Star Trek Fan Collective: Time Travel DVD sets.
- TrekCore.com via the Omega Sector is giving away an official Trek XI teaser poster.
- Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris)'s official web site announced that the actor has just finished directing an episode of My Boys, a new comedy series slated to premiere this fall on TBS, and will next direct an episode of In Case of Emergency..., a new ABC comedy scheduled for a mid-season premiere.
- Robert Picardo (The Doctor)'s official site announced that the actor will soon return to season three of Stargate: Atlantis to reprise his role as Richard Woolsey in a two-part episode that will also feature Richard Dean Anderson, scheduled to air starting September 22nd.
- Book news: McFarland has recently published The Literary Galaxy of Star Trek: An Analysis of References and Themes in the Television Series and Films, by James F. Broderick. Appendices list the literary works discussed and the episodes and movies mentioned, each giving the chapters where references can be found.
- And the 2007 schedule for the Corps of Engineers series has been posted at Psi Phi's bulletin board by editor Keith R.A. DeCandido.
- HDNet will begin broadcasting Star Trek: Enterprise in high-definition this fall. Thanks to Jim.
- Former Deep Space Nine producer Ira Steven Behr discusses The 4400's third season finale with TrekWeb.
- TailSlate has published a review of Star Trek Fan Collective: Klingon.
- And Michael Dorn (Worf) talks about the episodes included in that DVD set at Journal Now.
- This month The Planetary Society's blog has featured several guest bloggers including former Star Trek writer Andre Bormanis.
- A new web site, TrekkersForever.com, which its founder describes as "kind of a YouTube meets MySpace...just for Star Trek fans", launched on August 14th. "Let's celebrate Star Trek's 40th Anniversary by sharing all that we know and love about Star Trek!"
- And finally, Echosphere has a collection of hilarious Star Trek "inspirational posters."
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.