News BulletsBy Christian
August 17, 2000 - 11:03 PM
- Variety is reporting that Morgan Freeman is in final negotiations for 'High Crimes', a thriller also starring Ashley Judd (Robin Lefler). Judd will be playing a Harvard Law School professor who is forced to defend her husband in military court after he is accused of being a deserter, with Freeman playing her attorney.
- Michelle Erica Green has put up this week's edition of Hailing Frequencies, her weekly column at Another Universe. This week, the column contains a summary of the latest Trek news and a review of the first 'Star Trek: S.C.E.' eBook.
- And speaking of 'Star Trek: S.C.E.', Pocket Books Senior Editor John Ordover sends along word the eBook is currently at #2 on the Barnes & Noble bestseller list.
- Yesterday's rerun of Voyager's 'Child's Play' earned UPN a 2.8 rating / 4 share, down from last week's 3.1/5. As usual, they still beat the WB summer series 'Young Americans'.
- In related news, O.Deus at TrekWeb has put up his summer review of 'Child's Play'.
- At the Democratic National Convention yesterday night, actor Tommy Lee Jones revealed an interesting secret about presidential candidate Al Gore - he's a Star Trek fan. Looking back at their years as roommates at Harvard, Jones said, "I lived with him for four years, and what did we do? We shot pool, and we watched Star Trek when maybe we should've been studying for exams." Thanks go out to the Continuum for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.