News BulletsBy Michelle
July 17, 2005 - 5:47 PM
- William Shatner (Kirk) has posted a note about his enjoyment of playing Denny Crane on the second season of Boston Legal at his web site.
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will perform The Young Lutheran's Guide to the Orchestra on August 13th at the Lake Tahoe Music Festival.
- The German Star Trek Index reports the cancellation of Trek Sports, at which Trek stars J.G. Hertzler (Martok), Robert O'Reilly (Gowron), Vaughn Armstrong (Forrest), Casey Biggs (Damar) and others would have played baseball.
- A TV Q&A at the Indianapolis Star notes that Linda Park (Sato) of Star Trek: Enterprise and Gracie Park of the new Battlestar Galactica are not related, though they share Korean heritage.
- StarTrek.com has a brief note on Kate Mulgrew (Janeway)'s Tea at Five in Pasadena, California and an obituary for Filmation's Norman Prescott who produced Star Trek: The Animated Series.
- David Warner has recorded a second performance as an alternate-universe version of The Doctor for the Doctor Who Unbound series of audio adventures by Big Finish. This second outing for Warner is titled "The Dark Palace." Thanks to Alex.
- Marc Zicree, who penned TNG's "First Contact" and DS9's "Far Beyond The Stars", has a new project: Supermentors, training and support for entertainment industry professionals.
- Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens will be guests at the 2005 Lost World Convention to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation August 20-21st at the Radisson Hotel Los Angeles. Thanks to Jackie.
- Kristine M. Smith, author of De Forest Kelley: A Harvest Of Memories, will appear at the Creation convention in Seattle on August 6th, reports The Great Link.
- The USS Avenger fan group in New Jersey, celebrated its 20th anniversary, reports The East Brunswick Sentinel.
- "Have you punched up a most beloved show from your youth and been aghast at how much it actually sucked?" asks TV Squad, which says of Star Trek: The Next Generation:
My god, this is every bit as cheesy and badly acted as a soap opera. I can't believe we not only watched this but liked it.
- The Star of Malaysia has an article on a civil engineer who is also a Star Trek fan.
- The R2 Project has announced an August 1st release date for the Star Trek: Insurrection SE DVD in Region 2.
- The Digital Bits has posted a review of Star Trek: Enterprise Season Two on DVD.
- Soul of Star Trek has a new essay on Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
- Decipher has an article on CCG tournament winners at the Origins convention in Columbus, Ohio, including the Star Trek victors.
- And the Star Trek CCG Fan HQ has four new articles on playing strategies.
- TrekPulse takes a trip through the "Wormhole of Love" with new screen captures from two Worf/Dax episodes: "You Are Cordially Invited" and "Change of Heart" plus two Kira/Odo episodes: "Children of Time" and "His Way."
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.