Site ColumnsBy Lisa
July 17, 2001 - 11:32 AM
There really is no justice in the world. I mean: Hayfever.
It's a beautiful day outside. The sun is shining, the blackbirds that have a nest in the hedge in the garden are singing, there's a cool breeze that is nice and cooling.... and I'm sitting inside surrounded by a aloe vera infused tissues, running eyes and a scratchy throat.
It just isn't fair.
Though I shouldn't complain too much. My super-dooper hay fever-busting nasal spray will kick in shortly. Now that the public footpaths have been re opened in the wake of the foot and mouth thing, this is the perfect day for a walk.
There's a disused railway line at the top of my street which pleases my dog very much. Speaking of my dog, here's a picture. She's an 11 year-old Caviller king Charles spaniel with an ear span of almost a foot. (Yes, I measured). I know, you'd much rather have a new picture from Enterprise, but er... this is the best we could do. ;)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What's your favourite Trek nitpick?
-What do you think is the best Trek couple?
-Who was the best Voyager guest star?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Saturday July 17th 1999:
- deBoer's First Scene As Ezri
In a new interview with Star Trek Monthly, the DS9 actress talked about her first screen appearance as the Trill:
Did her own newcomer status make it easier to play confused new arrival Ezri? "Yes, it definitely did, because every scene I went into in the beginning, it was , "Okay, now I'm going to do my first scene with Armin; it's the first time I've acted with Armin, and it's the first time Ezri's meeting Quark.' So that really helped a lot." Nicole has a great fondness for Armin Shimerman. "He's the one who really went out of his way to help me any time I needed to talk to him about something, or ask him how things worked around there. He's such a sweet man. He's really someone that I can turn to."
More headlines from that day can be found in our July 1999 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Man Trap' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Conscience of the King' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'New Ground' at 12:00pm, 'The Conscience of the King' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Visionary' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Demon' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Best Of Both Worlds, Part One' at 17:00 and at 01:10 GMT. At 18:00, BBC Two will be showing Voyager's 'The Voyager Conspiracy.' Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Andere Sterne, andere Sitten' (Manhunt) at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL 5 will be showing DS9's 'In The Pale Moonlight' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 9:00pm (8:00pm Central), UPN will be showing a two hour telemovie consisting of Voyager's 'Flesh and Blood, Parts One and Two.' Here's how the official site describes the episodes:
The U.S.S. Voyager answers a distress call from a Hirogen training facility, only to find a holographic environment littered with Hirogen corpses. The holographic technology given to the Hirogen by Captain Janeway for hunting training has been modified to the point where the prey have become the hunters. The holograms have not only become self-aware, but are essentially a new race, seeking refuge from "organic" slavery and brutality. Seeking to liberate one of "their own," the holograms kidnap the Doctor, who soon finds himself torn between his loyalties to Voyager and his holographic brethren.
Lt. Torres has been kidnapped by the renegade Holograms led by Iden, who wants her help to modify a photonic field generator so they can create a new society on a Class-Y planet he calls "Ha'Dara" or "Home of Light." But the Doctor, who has allied himself with the Holograms, is concerned that Iden is showing signs of megalomania. Meanwhile, the Hirogen hunters who made the Holograms too powerful are determined to hunt them down, threatening to also turn Captain Janeway and her crew into prey if they interfere. But Voyager, with help from Hirogen engineer Donik, won't be left behind.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Charlie X' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- We regret that we cannot provide Canadian television listings today, due to problems with the Spacecast site.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episode 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part Two' at 17:00 GMT. Voyager's 'Infinite Regress' will be shown at 22:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing The Next Generation's 'Klingonenbegegnung' at 16:00 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, RTL 5 will be showing DS9's 'His Way' at 18:00 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!