Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
July 17, 2001 - 9:11 AM
- A preview of 'Star Trek: Armada II' has been posted at IGN-PC. "In the Star Trek realm," game producer Doug Pearson told the site, "Armada was the most successful title to date. This is the follow-up, and it makes a lot of improvements. A game like Homeworld is all in 3D, but it doesn't have asteroid fields and nebulas as obstacles." The full preview by Mike Morrissey can be found here.
- Gamitopia has reviewed Activision's RTS release, 'Star Trek: Away Team.' Here's a quote from the review:
Star Trek: Away Team does have a number of issues, and it definitely could have been better. However, this squad-based game will give most trekkies a reasonably fun time, although only for a short while thanks to the unbalanced gameplay. For those not into Star Trek games you'll find yourself very disappointed and you'd best stay away from this title.
In the complete analysis, the game is awarded 6.5/10.
- Ken R. Miller at TrekWeb has posted his review of the new release from Simon & Schuster - 'Star Trek: Dominion Wars.' "So we have a solid control scheme, good graphics and audio and an effective game play engine," he wrote. "Despite these strengths, 'Dominion Wars' has a few flaws that should be addressed. The single most glaring flaw in my mind is the seemingly low production value. The menus are undeniably spartan, and the mission briefings lack any life save for scrolling text." Miller awarded the game 3/4 in the full review.
- Several 'Dominion Wars' screenshots have been posted at ThePrimeDirective.net.
- Eight new screenshots from 'Starfleet Command II: Orion Pirates' have been posted at X-Treme Gaming Radio.
Thanks to Blue's News for some of these!Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.