News BulletsBy Christian
July 17, 2000 - 11:56 PM
- LeVar Burton (Geordi LaForge) is one of the celebrities supporting AllStarCharity.com, according to this press release from the new charity organisation. One of the auctions currently running on the site allows you to bid for an in-person, classroom storytime reading with LeVar Burton, to benefit the Earth Conservation Corps.
- 'X-Men', the new SF film featuring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), took in $57.5 million over the weekend, making it the the fourth-biggest three-day opening ever. The movie didn't manage to beat the box office performance of 'Misson: Impossible II' about a month ago, though. Thanks go out to TV Guide for this!
- According to a short article on the official Star Trek site, Robert Picardo (the Holodoc) recently spoke at a presentation to television critics by the Screen Actors Guild on the ongoing strike against advertisers. Picardo said that "the negotiating posture of the advertisers is such an attack that it's a clear example of a violation of the prime directive."
- Excite has a photo of Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) and Wendy Neuss arriving at the 'X-Men' premiere, as well as one of them posing for photographers at the premiere. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- Variety is reporting that Rob Bowman, who has also directed episodes of The Next Generation, will be helming the post-apocalyptic action movie 'Reign of Fire'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.