Site ColumnsBy Christian
March 17, 2001 - 4:17 PM
Today's going to be a great day for the B-movie fan in me. First, an hour from now a Dutch TV station is going to show the 'Battlestar Galactica' two-hour episode/movie. Then, at midnight, I'm going to go to the 'Night of Bad Taste', an annual event during which several of the most laughably bad horror films in history will be shown, apparently. I managed to get some of the last tickets for the event, which means I'll have to sit in one of the front rows and kill my neck, but that should only make the whole experience more authentic. Don't expect an early update from me tomorrow, of course - I'll probably be catching up on sleep until well in the afternoon, and even after that I expect my eyes will *not* want to look at any kind of screen whatsoever for a while to come.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Read the five-minute version of 'Lineage'.
-Which Star Trek novel do you think would make an excellent feature film?
-Take part in the petition to bring Armada II to the Mac!
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Wednesday the 17th of March, 1999:
- Final Episode Name Available - More rumours appeared for the DS9 finale on one of the Trek rumour sites, which reported that it would be called 'Fin de Siècle' and would feature both Vedek Bareil and Eddington. In the end, the title of course turned out to be 'What You Leave Behind'.
- Sci-Fi Channel To Start Web Broadcasts - The Sci-Fi Channel announced it would start streaming some of its programs, beginning with its Friday line-up, via the internet. As far as I'm aware, this didn't actually continue.
- Jerry Rules, But Voyager Pretty Cool, Too - During a conference on children's programmes at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, 12 local schoolkids said they thought 'Jerry Springer' was the best show on television, though 'Voyager' was one of the other 23 shows they liked a lot.
For more news from that day, please check out the March 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'The Cloud' at 4am (repeat at 1pm), DS9's 'Take Me Out to the Holosuite' at 5am (repeat at 12pm), TOS's 'Patterns of Force' at 10am and TNG's 'Lower Decks ' at 11am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Hope and Fear' at 06:00 (repeat at 16:00), DS9's 'Shattered Mirror' at 14:00, 'The Muse' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Night' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the original series episode, 'Der verirrte Planet' (For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky) at 14:00 (repeat at 01:55)Voyager's 'Kontrapunkt' (Counterpoint) at 15:00 and 'Star Trek III - Auf der Suche nach Mr. Spock' (Star Trek II: The Search for Spock') at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, NED 2 will be showing Voyager's 'In the Flesh' at 17:10. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV station TV1 will be showing the original series episode 'Devil in the Dark' at 8pm and DS9's 'If Wishes were Horses' at 10pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'By Any Other Name' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'Thine Own Self' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing three TNG episodes, beginning at 14:00 GMT with the superb 'Yesterday's Enterprise', continuing at 15:00 with 'The Offspring' and ending at 16:00 with 'Sins of the Father'. At 18:30, BBC Two will be showing the Original Series' 'Friday's Child'. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series' 'Devil in the Dark' at 10:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule