Gaming BulletsBy Amy
November 16, 2000 - 7:40 AM
- Raven Software has released a new 30-meg Holomatch demo of Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force, offering several improvments over the orginal. It can be downloaded from FilePlanet, 3D Downloads and 3D Gamers at present.
- Computer Gamer Online reviewer Jason Levine has posted his take on 'Star Trek, New Worlds'. In the full review, he's not very positive about the game, awarding it only 2 out of 5 stars.
- Gamespot UK has uploaded a preview of the much-anticipated 'Star Fleet Command II – Empires at War'. They liked the look of it, saying "promises to bring welcome enhancements to the original, expanding it both in terms of the capabilities of races and ships, and in the breadth of the game universe, which seems certain to find even more fans among online strategy gamers."
- The second game preview for the day comes courtesy of GameRaiders.com, who took a look at soon-to-be-released 'Deep Space Nine – The Fallen'. They rate the game highly and say it might be just the thing to convince you to buy a 3D accelerator, if you haven't already got one.
- Back to SFCII, Stomped recently conducted an interview with Taldren's Josh Morris, producer and developer of the game, where he talks about reactions it it and the new features it will introduce.
- Another interview, this time of Raven Software's project leader Brian Pelletier, can be found at playboy.com's digital section. Pelletier talks primarily about Elite Force, while a breif review of the game can also be found there. Thanks go out to Lee Jamilkowski for this!
- Finally, in CCG news, Decipher has begun listing the decks used by the finalists in the recent Star Trek CCG Worlds competition. They are also continuing their daily 'Mirror Mirror' card features.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.