News BulletsBy Michelle
August 16, 2003 - 2:35 AM
- The Hollywood Is Calling web site offers personal telephone calls from celebrities with prices beginning at $19.95 for a 15-second call. Among the celebrity callers are Trek's Tim Russ (Tuvok), John De Lancie (Q) and Tony Todd (Kurn).
- The Associated Press reports via Yahoo that a federal appeals court rejected a lawsuit by Chase Masterson (Leeta) against Matchmaker.com, ruling that the dating service was not responsible for a faked profile using the name and image of the actress. Masterson said that the forged profile and publication of her private contact information led to threats and sexual harrassment.
- A Marketplace audio interview discussed the Trek franchise's woes and whether Viacom would jump ship on the franchise if Enterprise flounders. LeVar Burton (LaForge) also talked with Marketplace about new funding for his Reading Rainbow series.
- An excerpt from the upcoming novel The Art of the Impossible, an offering in the Lost Era series by Keith R.A. DeCandido, is available at Psi Phi.
- Talking Book World has a summary of Captain's Blood, an upcoming novel in which Kirk and Picard unite to discover Spock's fate on Vulcan.
- And speaking of Spock, the drama by Leonard Nimoy about the painter Van Gogh, Vincent, will be performed at the Hopkins Center for the Arts on December 7th with F. Reed Brown playing both Vincent and his brother Theo, according to the Minnesota Sun.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.