News BulletsBy Caillan
July 16, 2003 - 11:17 AM
- The July 19th episode of UK channel ITV's After They Were Famous will focus on the cast of the original Star Trek. The documentary is described as follows:
A look at what happened to the actors from the cult sci-fi TV series Star Trek, as stars William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy look back on their days aboard the USS Enterprise and reveal what the cast have been doing since hanging up their Starfleet uniforms. Featuring never-before-seen footage from the making of the original series.
The show will air at 9:15 p.m. on ITV this Saturday, July 19. Thanks to David Deakin and 'Stylsy' for this!
- Enterprise is set to reach Dutch shores later this year. V8 will broadcast the first two seasons starting from September. Thanks to Marnix ten Brinke for this!
- Tom Hardy (Shinzon) reflected on his role in Star Trek: Nemesis in issue 107 of Star Trek Monthly. "I'd like Nemesis to be a calling card, to show people that I can do the work," he told Jennifer Jackson. "I think my performance is a testament to where you are in your training as an actor." Further excerpts are available at Sci-Fi Pulse.
- Star Trek Nemesis is 9th on Box Office Mojo's list of box office drop-offs between the first and second weekends. Thanks to 'Moph' for this!
- A Toronto Star article on conventions looks at the divisions between science fiction fandoms, as well as the divisions within Star Trek fandom itself. "There's a lot more T&A, some people are into that," one fan said of Enterprise. Thanks to Matt Gurney for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) was Sunday night featured on the BBC's Top Gear. On the programme he talked about his love of cars and participated in the "Celebrity Lap" challenge, with a time of 1 minute, 50 seconds. Read more at this page. Thanks to Chris Emmett for this!
- The back cover artwork for Starfleet Corps of Engineers, Book Five, Foundations, is now up at Psi Phi.
- Over 400 screencaps from Star Trek: Insurrection are now up at Section31.