Site ColumnsBy Christian
June 16, 2001 - 8:31 PM
Well, let's say today was not exactly the best day I've ever had since starting TrekToday :). I think I'll go bury myself in work now for the next few days, so I suppose this'll have at least some positive effects... maybe I should make huge mistakes on the front page more often when I'm behind on schedule.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Who has the best singing voice on all Trek series?
-Who do you think will eventually take over from Rick Berman?
-In Science Fiction & Fantasy: How would you feel about Anthony Stewart Head playing the Master in a future Dr. Who production?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Wednesday the 16th of June, 1999:
- Star Trek's Greatest Moments Special - UPN announced that it would air a Greatest Moments special later on that year, looking back at all four television series. Looking back on the program now, the special itself turned out to not exactly be Trek's greatest moment.
- Paramount Says Farewell To Kelley - Honouring DeForest Kelley (Leonard 'Bones' McCoy), who had passed away only recently, Paramount placed this advertisement in the Hollywood Reporter.
- Save Vulcan Fury... Again! - And in light of Kelley's passing, the campaign to save the Interplay adventure game 'Secret of Vulcan Fury' was restarted, as fans hoped the game would give us one last chance to see a (computer-rendered) McCoy in action. Unfortunately, this petition did not have any results.
For more news from that day, please visit our June 1999 archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Our new poll is based on a thread at the Trek BBS and is undoubtedly the largest poll we've ever had. In it, you're asked what your favourite Trek season ever is:,
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the original series episode 'Spectre of the Gun' at 10:00 a.m Eastern time. An hour later at 11:00 a.m the Next Generation;s 'Remember Me' will be shown. At 12:00 p.m Deep Space Nine's 'The Wire' will be followed by Voyager's 'The Gift' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Sons and Daughters' at 14:00 GMT followed by 'The Adversary' at 15:00. At 16:00 a two hour broadcast of Voyager's pilot episode 'Caretaker' will be shown. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the original series episode 'Die Wolkenstadt' at 14:00 ECT. Voyager's 'Liebe inmitten der Sterne' will be shown at 15:00.
- In the Netherlands, Nederland 2 will show Voyager's 'Course: Oblivion' at 17:05. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'And The Children Shall Lead' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Day of the Dove' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'Legacy' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky Premier 1 will be showing 'Star Trek: Insurrection' at 7:30 and at 19:00 GMT. At 11:15, BBC Two will be showing the Original Series' 'Wolf in the Fold,' while at 14:00 Sky One will be showing three TNG episodes, beginning with 'Darmok,' followed by 'Ensign Ro' and 'Silicon Avatar.' Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!