News BulletsBy Caillan
April 16, 2003 - 6:45 AM
- Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov) will be interviewed on I-SCI-FI.com on Thursday, April 17th, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. Koenig will be discussing his new project, Illegal Alien, and the "Duck Variations" play he will be performing with Richard Herd (Admiral Paris) at Starfest 2003.
- Cable network TNN, which owns the rerun rights to Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager, has a new name: Spike TV. The network will adopt the new title from June 16 as part of its aim to become the first network directed specifically at men, according to the AP. Thanks to Bradley Hastings for this!
- Sci-Fi Pulse has posted excerpts from a recent interview with Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) in Star Trek Monthly.
- MediaPlay.com will be selling the Star Trek Nemesis DVD with an extra CD-ROM containing three desktops, a new screensaver, two IPIX environments: the Romulan Senate and Valdore Bridge. Thanks to Matt Klamm for this!
- Star Trek Nemesis will open in New Zealand on April 17, according to Hoyts. Thanks to John Gillon for this!
- Cuppa Coffee creative director Hector Herrera recently talked to Creative Planet Communities about creating Next Generation promos for TNN.
- Donna Murphy (Anij in Star Trek Insurrection) will play Rosalie Octavius in The Amazing Spider-Man, the Sci-Fi Wire reported.
- Laurence Luckinbill (Sybok in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) was recently selected by the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Arkansas as one of its distinguished alumni. Find out more at NWA Online.
- Over 200 screencaps from Star Trek: First Contact are up at Section 31.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.