Site ColumnsBy Amy
April 16, 2001 - 6:28 PM
Well, I hope everyone had a happy Easter and four-day long weekend – at least it’s four days over here –I don’t know about the rest of the world. At any rate, I only got one chocolate Easter bunny which mysteriously vanished sometime around mid afternoon Sunday. Apparently I ate it. I’m not so sure.
On another note, I got a rather large shock today when, at our family Easter do, one of my relatives pulled out a copy of our local TV Guide and drew my attention to the ‘gossip column’. Guess what one of the news bullets dealt with? You got it – the Series V cast sheet – and actually credited us as the source. Since the vast majority of my family live in varying stages of computer illiteracy – and those who do surf the next wouldn’t be caught dead at a Trek site - it was nice to be able to show them that there is in fact a reason I spend so much time online. Of course, having the site credited in a local publication would have been great anyway, relative bonus aside.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
- Voyager Episode Spoilers: New synopses for Voyager episodes 'Juggernaut, '11:59' and 'Warhead'. Also, it was reported, incorrectly as it turned out, that the 'Equinox' scenes involving the EMH having his ethical subroutines deleted were being dumped due to their similarity to the proceeding episode, 'Warhead'.
- 'Counterpoint' Overnight Ratings 'Pretty Bad' According to the Star Trek Nielsen Ratings Information Database, Wednesday's 'Counterpoint' repeat was yet another Voyager episode that did pretty bad on the ratings front falling to a 2.8 rating, 4 share. That should place the episode right at, or possibly below the lowest rating of the year to date, 'Unforgettable's' rerun, which earned a 2.2.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Dagger of the Mind' at 5pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky Premiere 2 will show 'Star Trek: Insurrection' at 12:00 (repeat at 18:00) while Sky One will screen TNG's 'Hide and Q' at 17:00 (repeat at 00:10) and BBC2 will screen Voyager's 'Equinox' at 18:50. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, YPR will show DS9's 'You Are Cordially Invited' at 17:15, NET5 will screen Voyager's 'Death Wish' at 18:35 while BBC2 will air 'Equinox, part II' at 19:50. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel Nine will show DS9's 'One Little Ship' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule