Site ColumnsBy Caillan
February 16, 2002 - 7:10 AM
All this news about Joss Whedon's series Firefly sounds really exciting - I can't wait to hear more about it.
Cinescape recently announced that two more roles have been cast, and I'm glad I've never heard of them before. It's always nice to see fresh, new talent in a series because they don't bring the baggage of other roles with them. (I don't have this problem with Scott Bakula incidentally, because I think I've only seen one or two episodes of Quantum Leap).
The series has been given a 13-episode order from Fox for a fall debut, so I think it should trickle down under about a year from now.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Should Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) play Mayweather's mother on Enterprise?
- What did TOS fans think of 'Relics'?
- Did you like 'Trekkies'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on February 16, 2000:
- Mania Interviews Majel Barrett
Star Trek's first lady, Majel Barrett, talked to Michelle Erica Green about the upcoming Andromeda, based on the notes of her late husband Gene Roddenberry. "Andromeda is very exciting," she said. "It will be somewhat on the order I think of The Magnificent Seven, and the style of it will be E.R.-style. Everything goes fast, fast, fast, everything moves at all times." The full interview can still be found here.
- Berman On Series V
Franchise leading light Rick Berman talked briefly about the then untitled Series V. "One could make a pretty safe bet that the show would take place on a starship." He added that the series would premiere in either January or September 2001. Enterprise eventually made its debut on September 26 last year.
- Continuum 'Life Line' Details
The official site posted information on the upcoming 'Life Line':
The story of 'Life Line' continues where 'Pathfinder' left off and features new developments in the life of Dr. Lewis Zimmerman, the creator of the Emergency Medical Hologram (EMH).'Life Line' began filming this week and is tentatively scheduled to air in May. Star Trek: Voyager airs Wednesdays at 9:00 PM on UPN.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today is the 45th birthday of LeVar Burton, who played Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Tomorrow is Yesterday' at 10:00 a.m eastern time, with TNG's 'The Drumhead' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'Profit and Lace' at 12:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Remember' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Visionary' at 14:00 GMT, with TNG's 'The Outrageous Okona' at 15:00, the 'The Schizoid Man' at 16:00 and Voyager's 'Real Life' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Time Squared' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, 'Q Who?' at 3:00pm, 'A Matter of Time' at 4:00pm, 'Relics' at 5:00pm, 'All Good Things' at 6:00pm and 'The Best of Both Worlds' at 10:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Enterprise's 'Shuttlepod One' at 8:01pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Distant Voices' at 14:00 GMT, TNG's 'Loud as a Whisper' at 15:00, TNG's 'Unnatural Selection' at 16:00 and Enterprise's 'The Andorian Incident' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield' at 01:30, TNG's 'Reunion' at 02:30, Voyager's 'Sacred Ground' at 03:30, DS9's 'Battle Lines' at 04:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!