News BulletsBy Caillan
December 15, 2002 - 3:22 PM
- Brent Spiner (Data) talks his career on the stage and screen in an extensive interview at IGN FilmForce.
- The Region 2 Project reports the first season DVD set of Deep Space Nine will be released in the UK on March 24, 2003. Thanks to Chris Wright for this!
- Rick Berman briefly previews the upcoming Enterprise episodes 'Dawn' and 'Stigma' in Star Trek Monthly excerpts at Sci-Fi Pulse.
- 'Nemesis' cast and crew contemplate the end of the line for The Next Generation at Fox News. Thanks to Dave Sturm for this!
- Trek alumni Rene Auberjonois (Odo), Ed Begley, Jr. (Henry Starling), Theodore Bikel (Sergey Rozhenko), Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris), Armin Shimerman (Quark) and Alfre Woodard (Lily Sloane) were among 104 celebrities to submit a letter to the United States government protesting war with Iraq, according to CNN. The full list of celebrities is available here. Thanks to Daniel Clarke for this!
- Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) will star in and executive produce a new comedy series for NBC, Variety reported. Thanks to Chris Fullman for this!
- A new article at the LA Times examines the falling ratings of Enterprise and the UPN network. Thanks to 'casual viewer' for this!
- Brent Spiner (Data) and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) are featured in a National Geographic article looking at the science of Star Trek. Thanks to Theta for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will be appearing on December 16's edition of UK talk show Richard and Judy, while William Shatner will be a guest on December 17. The show airs at 5:00 p.m. on Channel 4. Thanks to Jason for this!
- Shatner spoke about his association with Trek at the opening of Star Trek: The Adventure in London. "It has afforded me opportunities. It has probably robbed me of some, but in total I am probably way ahead," he told Variety.
- Michael Hinman has reviewed the 'Spplat Attack' DVD at SyFy Portal, awarding the disc a C grade overall.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.