Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 15, 2001 - 11:09 AM
Today is Sunday. I have absolutely nothing to complain about - the modem's been working fine, I didn't ruin the salad I made for lunch, I read for an hour or two and then had a nice afternoon siesta. Now I'll get back to doing absolutely nothing, and I'll let you do the same.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What do you think the Enterprise temporal cold war really means?
- What current Trek books would you recommend?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Discuss the latest Farscape episode, Meltdown.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the most important news headlines on July 15, 1999:
- Sorbo Series Scoop
A "well-regarded former Trek writer" was said to be taking on the role of Executive Producer on a new series based on the notes of Gene Roddenberry, which would star Hercules actor Kevin Sorbo. The producer turned out to be former Deep Space Nine scribe Robert Hewitt Wolfe, and the series - Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. More information on the series can be found at our sister site, SlipstreamWeb.
- Birdsong Designs Star Trek Stamp
The official site reported that a new U.S. postal stamp was in the works, commemorating Star Trek. "I had to come up with something that says Star Trek at a glance," said designer Kevin Birdsong. "The original Enterprise is the iconic image of the show, and the insignia-as-sun is something I had done before in a couple of paintings but was asked to take out for one reason or another. This time, I got away with it. To me this says Star Trek."
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks what you think of the uniforms for 'Enterprise'?
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Turnabout Intruder' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Menagerie, Pat One' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time. The Next Generation's 'The Unification, Part Two' will be shown at 11:00 a.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation's 'Power Play' at 14:00 GMT. An hour later, at 15:00 TNG's 'Ethics' will be shown. BBC 2 will show the Original Series' 'The Deadly Years' at 11:15. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing will be showing Voyager's 'Equinox, Part One' at 16:00 ECT.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Cage' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part II' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'A Matter Of Time' at 12:00pm, a repeat of 'The Menagerie, Part II' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Prophet Motive' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Living Witness' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Transfigurations' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Der Planet der Klone' ('Up The Long Ladder') at 16:00 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Inquisition' at 18:00 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!