Site ColumnsBy Lisa
February 16, 2002 - 1:44 AM
Today, I am going to talk about Prehensile Plants. And yes, those of you who know me will now be smiling to themselves, because they have been waiting for this subject to come up in my site columns since I started writing the things.
The Prehensile Plant made its appearance in the Star Trek Voyager episode 'Survival Instinct.' You remmber, that scene where Janeway is in her Ready Room, surrounded by gifts. One of these gifts is a plant that grabs her hair, and tries to get a whole lot closer to our fearless Captain.
Upon seeing this scene - the best part of the silly episode >=) - many viewers were captivated. What on earth had happened to that Prehensile Plant that had brightened up our screens so? Captain Janeway had, undoubtedly, had it relocated it to her quarters. After all, the plant was so warm in its affection toward her that she could do no other thing.
Don't you agree?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What were the best Voyager Rumours that never came true?
-Do Keating and Trineer deserve Emmy Awards for 'Shuttlepod One?'
-What does Star Trek mean to you?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Clues' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'Code of Honor' at 9:00pm, 'Yesterday's Enterprise' at 10:00pm and 'Cause and Effect' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Cloud Minders' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Tomorrow is Yesterday' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Drumhead' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Profit and Loss' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Remember' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Before and After' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 23:40. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Endspiel - Teil 1' ('Endgame, Part I') at 20:15 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing Voyager's 'Lifesigns' at 01:00, 10:00 and 19:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Tomorrow is Yesterday' at 10:00 a.m eastern time, with TNG's 'The Drumhead' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'Profit and Lace' at 12:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Remember' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Visionary' at 14:00 GMT, with TNG's 'The Outrageous Okona' at 15:00, the 'The Schizoid Man' at 16:00 and Voyager's 'Real Life' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!