Site ColumnsBy Lisa
December 15, 2001 - 3:14 AM
Getting ready to post today's columns was rather depressing. Not only are we experiencing a slowdown in Trek news thanks to the festive period we're entering into, there's very little in the archives to include in our 'Trek Two Years Ago' section. And because this is Friday evening, hardly any TV stations have Trek listed on their schedules for the weekend.
I think someone should do something about this horrible lack of Trek Stuff in December. It can't be good for the health of the world.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-If you could own one Trek prop what would it be?
-Which Trek Trek action figures do you wish were made?
-Are all Trek fans nerds?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
- Nicole DeBoer interview
A new interview was released online in which Nicole deBoer (Ezri Dax), talked about her year on DS9, and about her current projects:
"After the show wrapped I wanted to come home [to Toronto] and see my family and friends again," she responds. "So, I spent some time with them. Then I had a lot of meetings about new projections. I did Rated X [in Toronto], and I can see from my fan sites that everybody is freaking out because they think it's some sort of porno movie! It's not, but it is about the Mitchell brothers, who sort of got the porno industry going in California. I am not playing someone who takes her clothes off or any kind of porno person." deBoer in fact plays the wife of one of the Mitchell brothers, who are played by Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen, the former of whom also directed Rated X.
More headlines can be found in our December 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Bread and Circuses' at 10:00am Eastern Time, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Who Watches the Watchers?' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'When It Rains...' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Parallax' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing 'Star Trek VI - Das unentdeckte Land' ('Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country') at 20:15 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The House of Quark' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Future's End, Part I' at 18:30 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this! Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'The Jem'Hadar' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Bread and Circuses' at 10:00 a.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Who Watches the Watchers' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'When It Rains...' at 12:00 p.m. Voyager's 'Parallax' will be shown at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will sow the Next Generation's 'Where No-one Has Gone Before' at 14:00 GMT, 'The Last Outpost' at 15:00, 'Lonely among Us' at 16:00, and Voyager's 'Heroes and Demons' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!