News BulletsBy Amy
October 14, 2000 - 12:47 PM
- The latest edition of Benner's Bios at IGN Sci-fi sees Captain Janeway go head to head with R2-D2 and C-3PO. Unfortunately Janeway looses in a mere two rounds to the robotic duo from Star Wars, probably to do with the fact that she is one of Berner's least-liked characters.
- According to SciFi Wire, Voyager writer and science consultant Andre Bormanis will be offering a sci-fi perspective in a panel examining the space program. The panel, entitled "Human Space Exploration: Fact, Fiction, the Future", is sponsored by the American Astronomical and Planetary Societies and will be held on October 23rd in Pasadena California.
- The family film 'Pumpkin Man', which stars Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar and Commander Sela) as Mrs. Holloway, will be screening at the Burbank International Children's Film Festival this weekend. While the film was actually first released in 1997, it "continues to have an extended theatrical life via Film Festivals and Awards " according this StarTrek.com report
- StarTrek.com has also recently announced that it will be holding another one in their 'question and answer' series, this time with senior illustrator and technical consultant, not to mention co-author of several Star Trek tech manuals, Rick Sternbach. To participate, send your questions here.
- John Cook of Sev Trek recently attended the Conquest Convention in Brisbane in the state of Queensland, Australia. He has put a convention report online, in addition to some unique pictures, all of which can be found from here.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.