ODN BulletsBy Christian
August 14, 2000 - 11:24 AM
Editor Adam Bailey just sent out issue 109 of the Optical Data Network, his bi-weekly Star Trek newsletter. Below is the usual summary of ODN news items that I didn't already report on here at TrekToday:
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) is promoting another internet company besides UBUBU.com, as he can currently be heard voicing the tag for a ComputerJobs.com radio commercial.
- And Stewart, 60 years old, recently became a grandfather, when his daughter Sophie gave birth to a baby boy.
- René Auberjonois (Odo) will have a regular role on Disney's 'Legend of Tarzan' animated series, voicing the character Renard Dumont.
- Auberjonois recently also voiced The Scarecrow in a Public Radio production of 'The Wizard of Oz', to be released on CD soon. In addition, he appeared as a villain in a two-part episode of 'The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne' on Canadian television, together with John Rhys-Davies (Leonardo Da Vinci).
- Ricardo Montalban (Khan) appeared on the Catholic Answers talk show back in March, on a show dealing with 'Keeping the Faith in Hollywood'. The show can still be listened to in RealAudio format.
- Naren Shankar, who served as science advisor and writer on Star Trek several years ago, is now serving as co-executive producer on 'Night Visions', premiering this Fall on Fox.
- Robert Hunter at financial web site SmartMoney has written an analysis of Priceline.com, beginning with a look at spokesman William Shatner (James T. Kirk).
- And finally, a 28-year old man from West Yorkshire in England, named Alan Stead, has been sentenced to six months in prison after stealing around 6,000 pounds from customers at the Yorkshire Building Society where he worked. He used the money to pay for Star Trek memorabilia.
Thanks go out as usual to Adam Bailey for these items! If the new ODN issue didn't yet arrive in your mailbox, you can also find it here on the ODN site. Should you wish to subscribe to ODN, please follow this link.