News BulletsBy Christian
July 14, 2000 - 10:50 AM
- Netword has announced that Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will be serving as its official spokesperson, featuring in an advertising and marketing campaign promoting Networds. Networds allows users of specially enhanced browsers to simply type in a word, such as 'TrekToday' or even 'Star Trek', and be transported to, in these cases, trektoday.com or the official Star Trek site. Nimoy commented that they are "a logical and more human way" to navigate the Web.
- Time Warner Cable customers in New York City will be able to see Showtime and the Movie Channel free this entire weekend, beginning this evening, according to a Time Warner press release. During this weekend, Showtime will be airing several major recent movies, including 'The Blair With Project', 'Notting Hill' and also 'Star Trek: Insurrection'.
- Wednesday's repeat of 'The Voyager Conspiracy' earned UPN an overnight rating of 3.0/5, up from last week's 2.2/3, according to UltimateTV's ratings report. The show was sixth in its timeslot, earning only slightly lower ratings than the premiere episode of new summer WB series 'Young Americans', which scored a 3.1/5.
- StarTrek.com has put up a report on the recent appearance by Ricardo Montalban (Khan) at Sam Goody's in Universal City, to promote the release of the 'Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan' DVD. The report includes several new photos from the event. Meanwhile, our own ST:II DVD Giveaway is of course still open.
- The official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage is reporting that this year's Star Trek Christmas Keepsake Ornament, featuring Seven of Nine, will be available for online order at Hallmark.com on the 21st of July.
- Today is the start of the Origins Game Fair, a four-day event taking place in Columbus, Ohio. Star Trek Customisable Card Game publisher Decipher is also present, and there will be several CCG tournaments during the event. A full schedule has been posted here.
- Austrian television station ORF will stop showing DS9 episodes after airing 'Zu den Waffen!' (Call to Arms) on the 14th of August. This is the station's second DS9 run, after the first one which also ended at the end of the show's fifth season. From the 16th of August on, DS9's timeslot will feature double 'Hercules' showings.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.