News BulletsBy Michelle
June 14, 2003 - 5:04 PM
- An article on popular culture and religion from Saturday's New York Times says that Star Trek "was a pretty good bait and lure to get people into rocket science" and that The Simpsons "point[s] out the various options of spirituality open to people."
- On another spiritual subject, Richard Hanley, author of The Metaphysics of Star Trek, spoke about faith, philosophy and The Matrix with UDaily.
- Totally Kate! has added new photos of Kate Mulgrew onstage at the 92nd Street Y here.
- A Colorado Daily article on solo theatre performances cites both Mulgrew's performance in Tea At Five and Patrick Stewart's performance in A Christmas Carol.
- Kelsey Grammer (Captain Morgan Bateson) will guest host for late night's David Letterman on Friday, June 20.
- StarTrek.com reported that Kirstie Alley (Saavik) will play real-life criminal matriarch Francis Burt in the CBS telefilm A Matter of Family.
- Ralfo Furtado reported that Denise Crosby and a crew for the documentary Trekkies 2 will spend a week in Sao Paulo, Brazil filming fans while the actress is a guest at a USS Brazil event.
- Zap2It's wrap-up of the years's televised science fiction called the Buffy the Vampire Slayer finale "the event of the season", but cited Enterprise as "going out with a bang" because it "blew the hell out of Earth" in its finale.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.