Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
May 14, 2002 - 4:33 PM
- A detailed preview of 'Star Trek: Elite Force II,' the sequel to the successful first-person shooter, has been posted at GameSpot. Developed by Ritual Entertainment, the sequel is set on the U.S.S. Enterprise-E. "We are going all out on the game and taking Elite Force to the next level," said level designer Kenny Thompson. "The environments are awe-inspiring, massive, and extremely detailed. We plan on having as many key moments and true Star Trek experiences as we can pack in. We want Star Trek fans and gamers alike to walk away from the game as psyched about Star Trek as we are." The full three-page preview can be found here.
- XGR has interviewed 'Elite Force II' producer Jon Galloway. The four-part audio interview can be downloaded at this page.
- Five new 'Elite Force II' screenshots are available at Blue's News.
- Robert Murphy at PC Arena recently reviewed 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander.' "Bridge Commander isnít perfect," he wrote. "The campaign is highly linear and short, the lack of any in game save feature leads to needless frustration and character animations are almost painfully stiff. Nonetheless, the game adds up to one of the better PC sci-fi titles in recent years. Faithful to the Star Trek universe from start to finish with intense gameplay and dazzling graphics and sound, Bridge Commander is a winner!" The game was awarded a score of 4.5 out of 5 in the full review.
- Also positive about 'Bridge Commander' was ESCMag's Erich Becker. Here's an extract from his review:
Bridge Commander is an excellent game that Totally Games has done an excellent job on bring to life. While notably short, it does offer enough variety in the missions to give it a second or third play through on a higher difficulty. Now we can only hope for an expansion or a sequel, either one would be happily accepted by this reviewer.
The game was rated 9 out of 10 in the complete analysis.
- Recent updates at Decipher include a CCG strategy article, tournament details, and full descriptions for all the upcoming RPG products.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!