News BulletsBy Michelle
April 13, 2005 - 11:47 PM
- Besides bringing back Enterprise, a Starfleet Academy and USS Titan series are the most popular ideas in TV Guide's Star Trek poll.
- The web site for Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Kingdom of Heaven has been updated, though Siddig's photo has been removed from the site. It's been reproduced on Sid City.
- Sci Fi Wire reports that Smallville producer Jeph Loeb is writing a film version of The Spirit. The Nanites note that Nana Visitor (Kira) starred in the pilot of the TV version launched in 1987, and provide a photo.
- Totally Kate! notes that Tea At Five, starring Kate Mulgrew (Janeway), is coming to Seattle in May. The site also recommends charity donations to fans wishing to celebrate Mulgrew's birthday on April 29th.
- A campaign has also been launched to bring Tea at Five to Europe.
- William Shatner (Kirk) appeared on Monday's CMT Music Awards, reports Country Weekly.
- The Ticket, a short film starring Scott Bakula (Archer), is available for viewing at Fox Searchlight's site.
- The BBC has an interview with Patrick Stewart (Picard) discussing his theatre work.
- A new Star Trek: Hidden Frontier episode, "Dancing in the Dark", is available for download.
- The Urban Legends Reference Page has a new feature on the development of the character of Chekov on the original series. Thanks to Ken.
- Psi Phi has published an excerpt from Hollow Men from Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Three.
- Deutscher Star Trek has a German DVD review of First Contact.
- Soul of Star Trek has a new editorial about the show's values and concerns about recent statements by the producers about the franchise's future.
- Next Sunday, April 17th, La7 will air the first four episodes of the third season of Star Trek: Enterprise. The fourth season will air in the fall. Thanks to Federico.
- TrekPulse has posted DVD caps from Voyager's "Coda". TrekPulse has also released a new First Contact gallery.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.