Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 14, 2001 - 11:57 AM
There are few words to express just how thrilled I’m feeling right now. You see after something of very long and rather rotten day I logged onto my computer to discover a message left by my wonderful wonderful friend maxi that deary ol’ forgotten Perth, Western Australia, will be playing host to a small Star Trek convention – complete with at least one guest. Now, I would have been happy with virtually anyone, but the best news, for me at least, is that the guest is none other than Robert Picardo. You may recognise him as my favourite Voyager actor and one of the few ones who’s career I will be following with any real interest once the show ends.
In short, I’m really over the moon. And, even better, there may be a cocktail reception before hand, not to mention a second guest if interest is high enough. So, anyone from Perth who reads this – BOOK! Info can be found at www.startrek.com.au. Maybe if enough interest's generated, this could become a re-occurring event – maybe even worked into Swancon.
In other, and rather less appealing news, a young woman was attacked yesterday morning on the Murdoch University campus. Fortunately, she gave her assailant a good kick and managed to get away, but the atmosphere out on campus ‘aint so great right now – and I for one am glad I bought a pepper spray at the beginning of this semester.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Sunday, March 14th 1999, these were some of the major Trek Today headlines:
- DS9 Final Chapter Info: Basic synopses for three episodes of the DS9 final arc, 'Penumbra', 'Umbra' and 'Eclipse' were listed. Only one of those episodes kept the listed name - the second two became ''Till Death Do Us Part' and 'Strange Bedfellows'.
- New Voyager Info: The now defunct 'Vulcan Cafe' posted spoilers for what was then believed to be Voyager episode 'Warhead'. While the episode being referred to was actually season finale 'Equinox', it's easy to see how the mis-information occurred - both 'Equinox' and 'Warhead' contained an 'evil' Doctor.
- AGN3D Previews Starfleet Command: Gaming site AGN3D posted one of the first previews of hit game 'Star Fleet Command'.
Today's Television Listings
- At 9:00pm (8:00pm Central), UPN will be showing a special two-hour presentation of last November's telemovie, 'Flesh and Blood'. Here's how the official Star Trek site describes the episode:
The U.S.S. Voyager answers a distress call from a Hirogen training facility, only to find a holographic environment littered with Hirogen corpses. The holographic technology given to the Hirogen by Captain Janeway for hunting training has been modified to the point where the prey have become the hunters. The holograms have not only become self-aware, but are essentially a new race, seeking refuge from "organic" slavery and brutality. Seeking to liberate one of "their own," the holograms kidnap the Doctor, who soon finds himself torn between his loyalties to Voyager and his holographic brethren.Please note that the above image is copyrighted by Paramount Pictures.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing another Original Series mini-marathon, beginning at 11:00am Eastern Time with 'Spock's Brain' and ending at 3:00pm with 'Spectre of the Gun', while at 5:00pm they will also be showing their regular daily TOS episode, 'Day of the Dove'. A complete listing of all the episodes that will be airing as part of the marathon can be found here on the official site.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Parallax' at 4:00am Eastern Time, DS9's 'Image in the Sand' at 5:00am, the Original Series' 'The Immunity Syndrome' at 10:00am, TNG's 'The Pegasus' at 12:00pm, 'The Immunity Syndrome' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Shadows and Symbols' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Time and Again' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Accession' at 17:00 and at 00:30 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'The Ascent' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Prime Factors' at 18:40. At 21:30, SBS 6 will be showing the movie 'Star Trek: First Contact'. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, the 9 Network will be showing Voyager's 'In The Flesh' at 11:00pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode 'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Time and Again' at 4am, DS9's 'Shadows and Symbols' at 5am, Original Series episode 'Private Little War' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'Homeward' at 12pm, DS9's 'After Image' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Phage' at 10pm.
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Rapture' at 17:15 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 18:40Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, pay-tv channel TV 1 will screen Deep Space Nine's 'Progress' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule