News BulletsBy Christian
February 14, 2001 - 10:28 PM
- AP is reporting that on Tuesday, the International Space Station moved around Earth guided by solar rather than rocket power for the first time, and was also piloted for the first time by Americans rather than Russians. Referring to Star Trek, space station commander Bill Shepherd called it "another step for the Federation".
- Tim Allen, who starred in the Star Trek spoof 'Galaxy Quest' as a Shatner-like television star who is taken by aliens to be an actual starship captain, has signed on to make another sci-fi comedy. 'StarChild', which will also star Mel Gibson, will tell the story of a socially challenged CIA agent who helps a friendly alien get back home, saving him from the aftermath of an interplanetary war. More in the film, which will go into production after the upcoming strikes, can be found here.
- The Comics Continuum has been updated with the cover image and a short plot description of 'Divided We Fall', an upcoming comics mini-series written by John Ordover and David Mack, and featuring art by Andrew Currie and Richard Bennett. The story of 'Divided We Fall' deals with the Trill, and will feature both the TNG and DS9 crews.
- The Cynics Corner has been updated with a new German translation of one of David E. Sluss' reviews, this one dealing with 'Image in the Sand'.
- Psi Phi has been updated with an author bio of David Mack, who together with John Ordover has written for DS9, and is part responsible for several Trek books and comics.
- According to the Internet Movie Database, Brent Spiner (Data) is part of the cast of 'Dating Service'. The film is apparently a low-budget independent comedy with a two week shoot. Thanks go out to Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! for this!
- According to CARPE, the official fan club of Robert Picardo (the Holodoc), Picardo's episode of 'Seven Days' will not air today, but rather next week. The episode is called 'Revelation' and features Picardo as "the ultimate villain". If you want to see it, tune in to UPN an hour before 'Voyager' next week.
- Julia Houston at About.com has put up Confessions of a Star Trek Child, a follow-up to her article from last week, dealing with the good, the bad and the ugly parts of being raised by Star Trek.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.