Gaming BulletsBy Christian
February 14, 2001 - 9:03 PM
Gaming news definitely has slowed down over the past weeks, with the latest Trek game release already a few months behind us, and the release of the next game also still beyond the horizon. Still, the following news items did appear over the past week:
- FilePlanet currently has a new patch for 'Star Trek: Armada', updating the game to version 1.2. The patch both includes bug fixes as well as some feature enhancements.
- A patch is also available for 'Starfleet Command II: Empires At War', bringing the game up to version 22.214.171.124. Most important in the patch is that it features the multiplayer Dynaverse II.
- 'Starfleet Command II' has been reviewed at Videocardz. The review, written by Topher, is finally short and mainly consists of a set of large screenshots. In it, the game is awarded a rating of 7.3/10.
- 'Star Trek: New Worlds' was reviewed on GameZilla by Charles Logan. Like most reviewers when the game originally came out, Logan didn't particularly like it, calling it "yet another flop for the Star Trek game franchise," and awarding it a rating of 60%.
- Looking ahead at one of the first Star Trek games to be released this year, GamesDomain has a preview of 'Star Trek: Away Team', Activision's upcoming top-down strategy game. According to the site, "Away Team is looking to give Star Trek fans a very satisfying experience, and possibly attract strategy and action gamers from outside that spectrum of fandom."
- New screenshots of the week are available on the official site of 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander'.
- Many more screenshots of the game are available here and here at STBC.de.
- Gamasutra has posted a rather interesting feature in which Raven Software looks back at the development of 'Voyager: Elite Force', highlighting what they think went right and what went wrong when creating the game.
Thanks go out to Blue's News for these!