Gaming BulletsBy Christian
January 14, 2001 - 10:34 PM
- Lars Brubaker, one of the designers of 'Star Trek: Away Team', has put up the second in a series of development diaries for the game at the Daily Radar. In this installment, Brubaker writes about how the game is currently entering the final stages of development, with the team now just working on "in-game video sequences" and "a few last-minute animations".
- Also in the final stages of development is 'Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars', for which developer Gizmo Games has even already opened a special teaser site. The full official site will go up on the 22nd of January.
- And new previews of the game are also available. GameSpot UK has a massive 8-page preview (even if that's mostly because the pages are just 2 paragraphs long), Gamers.com has a preview and screenshot gallery, while IGN PC also has a preview. These last two articles were based on the latest development version of the game, presented to the sites by Gizmo Games president Gary Wagner.
- Totally Games has released a new screenshot of 'Bridge Commander'.
- Moving on to games that have already been released, there's a review of 'Deep Space Nine: The Fallen' on ElecPlay. In it, the game is awarded a score of 8 out of 10 by Rafael Canoa, who compliments Simon & Schuster for making "the first ever successful Deep Space Nine game [...] to hit store shelves."
- And finally, David Kurtz at GamesDomain has reviewed 'Starfleet Command Volume II - Empires At War', saying that it is "the best spaceship battle simulator available", even if it is a bit similar to the original.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.