News BulletsBy Lisa
December 14, 2001 - 4:02 AM
- Bidding has been hotting up this week in the Star Trek charity auction to benefit victims of the September 11th tragedy. Attracting most attention right now is a signed assault rifle from 'First Contact' currently priced at $610. For more details about the auction follow this link.
- 20th Century Fox has officially announced that 'X Men 2' starring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) as Professor X will hit cinema screens on May 2nd 2003. More details about the film and its launch date can be found here at Cinescape.
- Ashley Judd, who appeared as Robin Lefler in two TNG episodes, was set to marry racing driver Dario Franchitti on Wednesday. Reuters reported the wedding would take place in Scotland, possibly at the same castle Madonna and Guy Ritchie used for their wedding.
- The official Star Trek site has announced that a live chat with Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will take place at the site soon. It has also announced new message boards and a chat area. For more details, click here.
- Also at the official site, is a new report about an appeals court ruling which may require satellite television providers to carry all local public television stations if they choose to air any in a particular market. This means that Star Trek fans who are satellite customers in many markets not currently receiving UPN could soon be able to view Enterprise. For more details, check out the full report here.
- Totally Kate, the official web site of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) has posted several photos of the actress at the Slanted Fedora Convention in Philadelphia on November 17. Click here to view them.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.