News BulletsBy Caillan
November 13, 2002 - 1:18 PM
- Jerry Sohl, who wrote the Original Series episode 'The Corbomite Maneuver,' has passed away aged 88, according to CNN. Thanks to Alex for this.
- Writer Hilary J. Bader, who contributed to eight episodes of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, also died recently of ovarian cancer, according to StarTrek.com.
- According to today's issue of The Courier Mail, 'Star Trek Nemesis' will be released in Australia on January 16, 2003.
- Well-known media tie-in authors Nancy Holder, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Jeff Mariotte and Mary Elizabeth Hart will be signing at Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego on Sunday 17 November 2002 at 2.30pm.
- Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) has had to cancel her appearance at the upcoming Memorabilia show at the NEC, Birmingham, England, to be held on 16th and 17th November. Alice Krige (the Borg Queen) has stepped in to replace her, while Mark Shepherd (Morn) will also be signing. Thanks to Ned for this!
- A report from the recent German Galileo 7 convention featuring stars such as Robert Picardo (the EMH) and Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker) can be found here at TrekZone.de.
- The LA Times has posted a review of the productions of 'Henry V' and 'Standup Shakespeare' at the Odyssey Theatre. The first features Trek guest star J. Paul Boehmer (Mestral in 'Carbon Creek'), while the second, directed by Casey Biggs (Damar), stars Armin Shimerman (Quark) and Gregory Itzin (Dr. Dysek in 'Critical Care').
- Geoffrey Mandel, former Enterprise scenic artist and author of 'Star Charts,' will be talking about his work on the franchise on Thursday November 14th from 9-11pm EST at I-SCI-FI.com.
- 'Star Trek Nemesis' trading cards will be released on November 20, according to Scifihobby.com. Thanks to 'Captain Joe' for this!
- Microsoft is developing PADD-like computers, according to Reuters. Thanks to Kevin Nolan for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.