Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 13, 2002 - 11:46 AM
I had intended to talk about the terrible 'Washington sniper' drama playing out in the US - I can't imagine what it must be like to be terrified even to leave your own house - only to find out that there's been another terrorist attack, this time in Bali.
According to the Courier Mail, 171 people have been killed in a bomb blast in a bar. So, unfortunately, I'm delivering two-fold condolences - to those living in Washington D.C. in the current climate and those who have lost loved ones in either the sniper attacks or the Bali bomb blast. Heartfelt sympathies go out to you from everyone here at TrekToday.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Should there be an episode about Phlox's sexuality?
- Investigate some Trek urban legends!
- Will the Enterprise novelisations be released in paperback?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on October 13, 2000:
- Robert Picardo Talks 'Flesh And Blood'
Voyager actor Robert Picardo said the EMH would have a central role in the upcoming telemovie 'Flesh and Blood.'
"The holograms hijack the Doctor's program because they want him to modify the giant photon emitters that they are going to put on the surface of a Y-Class planet where the atmosphere is so toxic, even their former predators, the Hirogen, can't exist. Their goal is the creation of an idyllic, peaceful community where they can live because they're tired of running and being slaughtered over and over again."
- New 'Drive' and 'Repression' News
Paramount Pictures released new photos from the upcoming episodes 'Drive' and 'Repression,' as well as the synopsis of the latter episode.
After members of the crew are found unconscious, Tuvok leads a search for the mysterious attacker who seems to prey only on those involved in the Maquis resistance movement, including Chakotay and Torres. Although the victims make seemingly quick recoveries, events take an astonishing turn when Tuvok uncovers the identity of the predator who has left his prey with deadly post-hypnotic suggestions.
- Sotheby's Online Trek Auction
Sotheby's announced its first-ever online auction of science-fiction memorabilia, including over 50 Trek items.
More news items can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks if you read spoilers.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Dead Stop' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Alter Ego' at 14:00 GMT, with 'Coda' at 15:00 and 'Blood Feaver' at 16:00. Channel 4 will show Enterprise's 'Fusion' at 18:35. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part II' at 8:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The City on the Edge of Forever' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Balance of Terror' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Data's Day' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Second Sight' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'False Profit' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Collaborator' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Spock's Brain' at 14:00, and Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Most Toys' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'A Man Alone' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!